Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer success

It's definitely been a long time since my last post. My head is spinning for how much of my life has changed since then. Time is really a crazy thing isn't it.

Let's see, most obvious changes should come first... I purchased a new car (well, to me at least.) I snagged a great deal on a 2010 Hayuandai Accent. She's red, only 37,000miles and I was able to get an unlimited bumper to bumper warranty with payments below $250/month.
That is a huge deal! My biggest purchase and a very big part of growing up I think. Sure I've paid rent, cell phone bills, gas and for my food and other expenses, but a car payment?! This is a brand new territory and I couldn't be more freaked as well as proud of myself.

In addition, this summer has been quite a bit of a wake up call for me. As stated in my previous post, I have learned to stand up for myself quite a bit. I know that I deserve more from a job and an employer than I am currently recieving and although I refuse to burn any bridges in the process, I will not stand around and allow this to be my life.
I have applied to a wonderful company within my current field that I love oh so much. UCP will be my next and hopefully long adventure. I am anxiously awaiting a call for an interview, but I know that I can pull this off. Afterall I am almost over qualified with my certifications and job experience. But, even with that being said, a couple prayers couldn't hurt right?

Beyond this I have been busy getting back into school. This Fall semester I am signed up for Physical Anthropology, Introduction to Sociology, and Women in American History. ALL online! I have such mixed feelings about all of this. Firstly I am so relieved that I don't have to worry about getting to school or spending all my freetime on campus. With the possible job change which will inevitably cause a drastic schedule change, I couldn't possibly GO to school, so online is definitely a perfect alternative.
However, I am totally nervous that I will not be able to remain disciplined and self motivated, especially with the job change. But, I will succeed. That is the only attitude I am allowing myself to hold these days.

Well, I just wanted to mark the official end of my summer with a short update on my life. My goals beyond work and school this semester definitly include blogging more often as a creative outlet that I'm sure my stress levels will require, so here is my pledge to blog more.

No comments:

Post a Comment